Operation Christmas Child:
Duffey will serve again as a drop off center for Moorefield area churches, groups, and individuals this year.
National Collection Week is November 14-21, 2022.
Our collection hours will be 3:00- 6:00 pm from Monday , the 14th through Sunday, the 20th.
The very LAST day of collection , on Monday, the 21st , has different hours entirely:
9:00- 11:00 AM ONLY. ( NO AFTERNOON HOURS ON THE FINAL DAY.)
After 11:00, cartons are transported to Pinto, Maryland for the next part of their relay journey to national collection sites.
We will collect , count, and pack cartons in the Family Life Center again, using that entrance and facilitating curbside drop off for ease of delivery.
If you have any questions, please call Evelyn Chehi 540 409 8316.
Please pass the word to other local churches , groups, and OCC friends.
- Sunday Morning Sunday School for all ages
- Sunday Morning Children Message during Sunday Morning Worship followed by: Nursery for ages up to 5 & Junior Church for ages 5-12 during Sunday Morning Worship
- Sunday Morning Acolytes
- Monday Youth Group
- Tuesday Evening Awana Program for ages 3-6th Grade from September thru April with average weekly attendance of 90 kids including youth group. Awana Kick-off Pool Party in August
- Weekly Confirmation Classes for ages 12 from February thru May ending with Weekend Retreat and opportunity to be Baptized and Join the Church.
- VBS Week in the Summer
- Children Sabbath Service Lead by Children in October
- Nationwide Operation Christmas Child Shoe Box Ministry Mission in November
- Special Children Christmas Program
- Sunday Morning Sunday School
- Monday Evening Youth for 7-12th Grade with Kick-off Pool Party in August
- Fun Events throughout the year such as: Bowling, Movies, Laser Tag, Scavenger Hunts, etc.
- Annual Out of Town Christian Concert
- Rise Against Hunger Yearly Mission in March
- Yearly Operation Christmas Child Mission in November
- Mission Work Locally and Out of Town throughout the year
- Palm Sunday Service Lead by Youth
- Yearly Christian Youth Video Presentation
- Yearly Weekend Retreat
- Sunday Morning Sunday School for all ages (Three unique classes to accommodate you)
- Women’s Circle: Monthly Gatherings with Multiple Projects through-out the year including: Preparation of Funeral Dinners; Special Needs Projects for National Disasters, Special Support for Shut-Inns, On-going support of many other activities throughout the year as needs arise.
- Monthly Ladies Luncheon
- Monthly Men’s Dinner: Fellowship with planning of special projects through-out the year.
- Bible Studies: Randomly scheduled through-out the year.
- Yoga Faith: Randomly scheduled through-out the year.
- Bereavement Support Classes: Randomly scheduled through-out the year.
- Duffey Choir Practices and Performs Each Week September – May
- Duffey Bell Choir Practices Each Week with Quarterly Performances September – May
- Duffey Praise Band Practices Each Week with Special Performances on the 5th Sunday
Outreach Ministry and Missions:
- Community Missions: Meats Available on Monday’s
- Community Missions: Produce and Lunch Available on Wednesday’s
- Duffey Outreach: Easter Baskets for Locals in Need: Thanksgiving Food Baskets for 35-45 local families; and Christmas Food Baskets and Gifts for Children of 35–45 local families.
- Community Missions: Monthly Food deliveries and stocking at MAC house.
- Duffey Missions: Yearly Change The World Weekend with Multiple Service Projects.
- Global Missions: Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes Assembly of over 100 boxes. Duffey also is the Moorefield Area County Collection Site OCC.
- Yearly Support of United Methodist Ministries such as: UMCOR, Native American, Parish Support, COME, etc.
Community Events held at Duffey:
- Town of Moorefield Meets at Duffey Quarterly
- Town of Moorefield Has Town Christmas Celebration at Duffey
- Boy’s Scout and Girls Scout’s Special Events are held at Duffey
- CEOS has Special Events at Duffey
- Burmese Water Festival was held at Duffey
- Multiple Organizations have held special meetings and training at Duffey
Special Yearly Fellowship and Events:
- Spaghetti Dinner and Auction
- Lenten Dinners and Devotions
- Holy Week Special Services
- Awana Closing Award Ceremony in April
- Retreats: Confirmation, Youth, Children Ministry Training all held at Maher’s Farm in Milam
- Confirmation and Graduation Recognition with Covered Dish Lunch Following Service
- Mother’s Day Recognition
- Father’s Day Recognition
- Baptism at the River
- Semi-Annual or Annual Revival
- Summer Picnic
- Awana and Youth Kick-off Pool Party in August
- Children and Youth Ministry Retreat with Training in September
- Soup Bean and Cornbread Dinner
- Apple Butter Making Weekend in October
- Thanksgiving Covered Dish Lunch Following Service
- Christmas Covered Dish Lunch Following Service
- Special Christmas Program and Christmas Eve Service